I Prefer Training 15 Speakers, Not 1500
Here's Why I Like Training 15 People Max -- and not 1500+!
I'd far rather coach 15 people at a time, maximum, to become gifted presenters, than share my best secrets en-masse to 100's of people. (Though some of my courses accept up to 30 people, my speakers course accepts 15 maximum).
The 1st format guarantees major results in terms of integrated new skills, for every single participant. That rocks!
The 2nd format guarantees students can be complacent dissociated learners who may or may not take anything away with them. I want nothing to do with that. (This is one of the big reasons I haven't offered "CEU's" to students. Some people who need CEU's will take almost any course that fits their schedule and budget just to meet their requirements. Some view courses that help them meet their CEU requirements as an unfortunate necessity, rather than a privilege and an unprecedented opportunity to learn and become more gifted. Granted, some of those seeking CEU's will be motivated students. But by not offering them, I have found that everyone who attends my courses comes entirely for the fun & the deep skills they'll get from attending, not to mention the likelihood of some major personal and professional breakthroughs. You can be assured of meeting some amazing people at my courses, all of whom, literally ALL of whom, are deeply motivated to get blazingly good at these skills! I simply don't see complacent students at my courses. Ever. And for me, that makes my work a joy!
It is true that in the second format (i.e., training 1500+ students at a time), an occasional gem of a student will learn and retain a lot, but will still have next to no functional skills in place by the end, if they haven't been building the new skills into their behavior, every day of a course, with constant feedback.
There is no joy for me in the largest audiences. But when I can work with a small group of accelerated learners and committed speakers, every one of them will have tackled their biggest "Achilles Heels," and learned a profoundly effective model for presenting, in 5 days or less. That's inspiring work!
NLP gifts sent by mail:
CD & Sensory-Rich Word-List
- What are the Four Stages of Learning?
- In today's post, I share how and why an NLP Modeling project could be set up to fail, and what to do instead!
- In today's post, I share a sales-closing I think you'll love, and follow that with NLP skills applied to selling, including: Sensory Acuity, Sensory Awareness, Calibration, Using Suggestions to 'plant' thoughts ethically, and other NLP language patterns!
- How Well do NLP Techniques and Skills apply to selling, sales, wealth-building, closing deals, and making money? (August 18, 2014)Sales is one of the absolute best applications of NLP. Yet many salespeople well-trained in traditional models haven't taken advantage of this, usually because they're skeptical of whether or not NLP would get in the way of what they're alr
- Do your emotions drive you? Or do you drive your emotions?
- NLP has enabled people just like you to discover that actively building, deepening, and maintaining Rapport creates stronger and more desirable results in communication settings of any kind.
- NLP Insights from Animal-Training helps you learn and teach more effectively!
- The A.I. Advantage: How and Why A.I. helps you with Decisions, Learning, Communication, and Success. (May 07, 2014)Relax; we're not talking about getting brain implants or strapping you into a big computer.
- All of us have, at one time or another, attempted to influence another person, to no avail. It's a universal experience to walk head-first into unresponsive stubbornness.
- You are hereby invited to harness a natural mental process that you've probably never controlled in your past, learn techniques that utilize that process, and then become more effective and influential in every area of your life.
- Kay Pentacost, Database Solutions Developer,Attended Course : NLP Practitioner TrainingFor twelve amazing days in April and May the group of us learned about NLP through explanation, exercises, and trance (my favorite part). It's...Kay PentacostDatabase Solutions Developer,Attended Course : NLP Practitioner Training
For twelve amazing days in April and May the group of us learned about NLP through explanation, exercises, and trance (my favorite part). It's been 5 months since I started the NLP Practioner Training. The first effects I noticed after the training was how much easier it was to read my NLP books. The second effect was an ability to easily control my states, most of the time, and the knowledge that I could anytime I wanted to. The most frequent comment I got from others was something like... "you seem different... I don't know, lighter somehow." I take it as a compliment! My life has changed a lot. Some of the ways are very subtle: a sense of comfort, a feeling of attractiveness, more positive responses from other people. I get more done at work because my focus is better; when I'm not focusing, I use NLP to start and increase my focus. I have more fun when I'm not working (and really, more fun working). And in some ways things seem completely different. I can't explain exactly how, but the world is brighter and sparkly. You'll know what I mean, I think, if you've had a practitioner course; you'll find out when you take one, if you haven't yet. I think it's the best thing I ever did for myself... so far.1998
- Michael Roach, Coach, London, UKAttended Course : Belief Craft MP3 Set"Jonathan & Doug together make a winning team putting a new & exciting spin on how to be successful using sleight of mouth. You'll...Michael RoachCoach, London, UKAttended Course : Belief Craft MP3 Set
"Jonathan & Doug together make a winning team putting a new & exciting spin on how to be successful using sleight of mouth. You'll find in just a few days, your abilities & understandings of how you can use the language patterns of sleight of mouth confidently & covertly in everyday communication increasing by leaps & bounds. Even more you'll be able to target with precision your communication to achieve the outcomes you want. Take the next steps in enhancing your influence & persuasion skills now, attend Belief Craft. I was thoroughly entertained & entranced by the dynamic duo of Jonathan & Doug, both masters in their ability to train, & check that we as delegates were mastering the skills, & able to put into use the ability to craft other people beliefs, & even better we got to update our own. I thoroughly recommend this training for anyone who wants to be more successful in elegantly using the the patterns of Sleight of Mouth & knowing the appropriate contexts to use them in."http://michaelwilliamroach.com/2005
- Andrew Hollo, Director, Workwell Consulting, Melbourne, AustraliaAttended Course : Speaking IngeniouslyI run training that involves doctors, medical practice managers and nurses - all in the same room. They have vastly different backgrounds, training...Andrew HolloDirector, Workwell Consulting, Melbourne, AustraliaAttended Course : Speaking Ingeniously
I run training that involves doctors, medical practice managers and nurses - all in the same room. They have vastly different backgrounds, training and models of the world. Getting them to work together - and understand each other - can be a challenge. In 2005 I did Jonathan's Speaking Ingeniously program with the expectation that my key messages would be more concise and, therefore, more easily integrated by participants in my courses. In the six months since Speaking Ingeniously, I've experimented with headlines and with spatial anchors specifically, noticing that it's now much easier to get everyone's attention in the first 5 minutes and, then, easily keep their attention throughout a lengthy training session. Since doing Speaking Ingeniously, I'm better at tracking shifts in participants and, therefore, responding fluidly as we go. I get great feedback from all the groups and I feel I expend less effort and energy. Even people who do my courses twice can't believe that they're experiencing the same material, as they get so involved each time, it's like new learning for them. Thanks Jonathan!http://www.workwell.com.au/2006
- Andy Preston, Sales Trainer, Outstanding Results, Manchester & LondonAttended Course : Linguistic WizardryWhat a fantastic 3-day event this is! Having been around the fringes of NLP for some time, after doing my Practitioner course, I was looking to...Andy PrestonSales Trainer, Outstanding Results, Manchester & LondonAttended Course : Linguistic Wizardry
What a fantastic 3-day event this is! Having been around the fringes of NLP for some time, after doing my Practitioner course, I was looking to further my skills without necessarily going the Master Practitioner route yet. I first met Jonathan Altfeld at an evening he ran in Manchester and heard about the Linguistic Wizadry course, and signed up immediately. Not only did the course look fantastic, but it was being held near Amsterdam - how could I refuse! In 3 days, I learnt more practical NLP (and how and where to apply it!) than with the vast majority of other trainings I've been to. I knew there were NLP trainers in the room, other Practitioners and people who'd not done Prac yet - and I was worried that the material would either be too complex for me to understand, or too simple (for the newbies). After the first hour, all those concerns melted away. Not only did Jonathan make the material simple, easy-to-understand and very practical, but the way he taught ensured everyone in the room (regardless of skill level) was getting massive value. I find I've achieved great command of metaphors, sensory language, storytelling, and much more - to list them here simply would not do the course justice! In my humble opinion this is by far the best value NLP course I've ever done, and having studied with some of the best NLP trainers in the world - I rate Jonathan in the top 1%.http://www.outstanding-results.co.uk/2006
- Artur Vardanyan, Los Angeles, CAAttended Course : Linguistic WizardryJonathan is an example of what he teaches. Many trainers can talk about NLP but few can actually live it, and Jonathan is one of them. My experience...Artur VardanyanLos Angeles, CAAttended Course : Linguistic Wizardry
Jonathan is an example of what he teaches. Many trainers can talk about NLP but few can actually live it, and Jonathan is one of them. My experience in the LW course has been a fantastic one. I enjoyed all of his lectures and the exercises we took part it. Some of the things I'm focusing on are direct and indirect language patterns and the use of captivating headlines for metaphors, which Jonathan did a great job of integrating for us and making it easy to learn. The exercises were fun but also challenging. The Village Council exercise, in particular, was a very good NLP oriented exercise. This course is about taking what you've learned and doing it out in the real world, obsessively. Overall, I found that in just 3 short days, there was a lot of GOLD that I came away with.2008
- Alex Akselrod,Bought Audio : Finding Your Irresistible VoiceAs a certified hypnotherapist, I can tell you that I will use these techniques in all of my future hypnosis work, both with clients & on tape, as...Alex AkselrodBought Audio : Finding Your Irresistible Voice
As a certified hypnotherapist, I can tell you that I will use these techniques in all of my future hypnosis work, both with clients & on tape, as well as any inductions I record for free distribution. Jonathan demonstrated these techniques as he taught them, & each time, I had a high level of response to them. He is a very dynamic speaker, & forced me to really pay attention & understand the communication at all levels.2001
- Matthew Newnham, Change Management Consultant, Edinburgh, UKAttended Course :From my perspective, context and meaning are, if not everything, a very big slice of the cake. Jonathan Altfeld's 'Knowledge Engineering...Matthew NewnhamChange Management Consultant, Edinburgh, UKAttended Course :
From my perspective, context and meaning are, if not everything, a very big slice of the cake. Jonathan Altfeld's 'Knowledge Engineering' has provided me with the tools and understanding to create contextual maps of any problem, with cause, effect AND meaning. This approach is very powerful, and allowed me to create breakthrough strategies immediately, with clarity and certainty of purpose. Beyond this, Jonathan is exceptionally wise and articulate about NLP and how to use it to effect meaningful, lasting change. He is also very approachable and generous, and a pleasure to work with.1997
- Jason Knierum, Entrepreneur, Sydney, AustraliaAttended Course : Speaking Ingeniously"I very much enjoyed your seminar. Having more comfort when I talk with people makes the rapport deeper. Even though my demo is only 90 seconds...Jason KnierumEntrepreneur, Sydney, AustraliaAttended Course : Speaking Ingeniously
"I very much enjoyed your seminar. Having more comfort when I talk with people makes the rapport deeper. Even though my demo is only 90 seconds, I hold longer eye contact with more potential customers, building a sense of connection. Result? Sales of my juicer product increased 30%." -
- Michael Lovas, Consultant, Author, Speaker, About People, Spokane, WAAttended Course : Speaking Ingeniously"With considerable experience giving keynotes, I thought I was very good on stage. The new skills & confidence that Jonathan has guided into...Michael LovasConsultant, Author, Speaker, About People, Spokane, WAAttended Course : Speaking Ingeniously
"With considerable experience giving keynotes, I thought I was very good on stage. The new skills & confidence that Jonathan has guided into my mind make my previous level of professionalism pale and insignificant by comparison. This class is the best preparation for public speaking that I have ever seen, heard of, or experienced."http://www.aboutpeople.com/2002
- Joseph Kao, London, UKAttended Course : Knowledge EngineeringEverything I’ve bought from Jonathan invites you to stretch yourself, or as Jonathan puts it, to be aggressive with your learning. And when you do...Joseph KaoLondon, UKAttended Course : Knowledge Engineering
Everything I’ve bought from Jonathan invites you to stretch yourself, or as Jonathan puts it, to be aggressive with your learning. And when you do the exercises and actively engage with the material, you’ll find there are few products on the market that produce as great an impact in your skill development as Jonathan’s do. Jonathan and Doug’s new Belief Craft MP3s are a thorough grounding in two skill-sets: Knowledge Engineering (how to track beliefs conversationally), and Sleight of mouth (how to reframe a person’s belief in at least 16 different ways). Once you actually do the exercises – I found that you immediately start to hear far more belief structures in people’s everyday language. My thinking has become more flexible, and I can more fluidly create fresh perspectives for my clients and friends in everyday conversation.2009