I Prefer Training 15 Speakers, Not 1500
Here's Why I Like Training 15 People Max -- and not 1500+!
I'd far rather coach 15 people at a time, maximum, to become gifted presenters, than share my best secrets en-masse to 100's of people. (Though some of my courses accept up to 30 people, my speakers course accepts 15 maximum).
The 1st format guarantees major results in terms of integrated new skills, for every single participant. That rocks!
The 2nd format guarantees students can be complacent dissociated learners who may or may not take anything away with them. I want nothing to do with that. (This is one of the big reasons I haven't offered "CEU's" to students. Some people who need CEU's will take almost any course that fits their schedule and budget just to meet their requirements. Some view courses that help them meet their CEU requirements as an unfortunate necessity, rather than a privilege and an unprecedented opportunity to learn and become more gifted. Granted, some of those seeking CEU's will be motivated students. But by not offering them, I have found that everyone who attends my courses comes entirely for the fun & the deep skills they'll get from attending, not to mention the likelihood of some major personal and professional breakthroughs. You can be assured of meeting some amazing people at my courses, all of whom, literally ALL of whom, are deeply motivated to get blazingly good at these skills! I simply don't see complacent students at my courses. Ever. And for me, that makes my work a joy!
It is true that in the second format (i.e., training 1500+ students at a time), an occasional gem of a student will learn and retain a lot, but will still have next to no functional skills in place by the end, if they haven't been building the new skills into their behavior, every day of a course, with constant feedback.
There is no joy for me in the largest audiences. But when I can work with a small group of accelerated learners and committed speakers, every one of them will have tackled their biggest "Achilles Heels," and learned a profoundly effective model for presenting, in 5 days or less. That's inspiring work!
NLP gifts sent by mail:
CD & Sensory-Rich Word-List
- Watch NLP Co-Founder Richard Bandler use NLP to eliminate Michael Strahan's phobic response to snakes -- in minutes (with Kelly Ripa bringing over a BIG snake at the end to test Michael's response). Spoiler alert: It worked ridiculously well.
- Trial by Fire? No need. There are more pleasant ways to get great at Public Speaking (& other skills) (November 20, 2015)No matter what skill you want to learn, no matter what fears or concerns or hesitation you may have, there are and will always be a wide range of approaches, to learning that skill. It's important to keep that in mind when making learning choices.
- Did Ericksonian Hypnosis and/or NLP make these famous people into Wizards? (or help them become famous?) (September 12, 2015)Many more famous people have been trained in Ericksonian (indirect) Hypnosis and NLP than you might guess. There are certainly far more who have strong interests here than have publically admitted so.
- On January 1, 2015, Jonathan Altfeld and 20 other co-authors released a digital book entitled "Creating Business Growth."
- After six and a half great years based in central Pennsylvania, and running many courses in Washingt
- What are the Four Stages of Learning?
- In today's post, I share how and why an NLP Modeling project could be set up to fail, and what to do instead!
- In today's post, I share a sales-closing I think you'll love, and follow that with NLP skills applied to selling, including: Sensory Acuity, Sensory Awareness, Calibration, Using Suggestions to 'plant' thoughts ethically, and other NLP language patterns!
- How Well do NLP Techniques and Skills apply to selling, sales, wealth-building, closing deals, and making money? (August 18, 2014)Sales is one of the absolute best applications of NLP. Yet many salespeople well-trained in traditional models haven't taken advantage of this, usually because they're skeptical of whether or not NLP would get in the way of what they're alr
- Do your emotions drive you? Or do you drive your emotions?
- Andy Smith, Trainer of NLP & Appreciative Inquiry, Coaching Leaders, Manchester UK & FranceAttended Course : Belief Craft Seminar"I have attended separate KE & [SoM] trainings in the past, Belief Craft is definitely more than the sum of its parts. Doug's way of training [...Andy SmithTrainer of NLP & Appreciative Inquiry, Coaching Leaders, Manchester UK & FranceAttended Course : Belief Craft Seminar
"I have attended separate KE & [SoM] trainings in the past, Belief Craft is definitely more than the sum of its parts. Doug's way of training [SoM] is the best I have found; for the first time I now feel I 'get' the "why" as well as the "how" of [SoM]. On my NLP Trainer's Training, [SoM] was one of the areas people had the least recall of - both the 'how' and also when and why you would ever use it. Previous trainings of [SoM] I have attended by other trainers have not sufficiently demonstrated... etc. Jonathan gets better every time he trains KE - awesomely powerful and complex concepts are rendered easy to learn and apply in the real world. I can't wait to start trying out this new material (Belief Craft and/or KE on its own) to benefit myself and my clients."http://www.coachingleaders.co.uk/2005
- David T., Hypnotherapist & NLP Master Practitioner, London, UKAttended Course : NLP Skills-Builders (course)Jonathan is truly one of the greats in NLP. Kind, warm-hearted, & great fun to work with. Most excellent.David T.Hypnotherapist & NLP Master Practitioner, London, UKAttended Course : NLP Skills-Builders (course)
Jonathan is truly one of the greats in NLP. Kind, warm-hearted, & great fun to work with. Most excellent.1999
- Paul Bielby, Cruise Ship Art Auctioneer, Ontario, CanadaAttended Course : Speaking Ingeniously"I am an art auctioneer. Before I took Jonathan's course in May 2005, I was making pretty good money, but right afterwards, my monthly...Paul BielbyCruise Ship Art Auctioneer, Ontario, CanadaAttended Course : Speaking Ingeniously
"I am an art auctioneer. Before I took Jonathan's course in May 2005, I was making pretty good money, but right afterwards, my monthly income literally doubled! To me that makes what I spent taking the course a bargain in the extreme. I only wish I'd known about it [earlier]!"2005
- R.B., Management Consultant, MichiganAttended Course : Flirtopia DVD-setWhat I got from my first two hours after Flirtopia: I sat next to a flight attendant on the way back home, & had tremendous fun chatting with...R.B.Management Consultant, MichiganAttended Course : Flirtopia DVD-set
What I got from my first two hours after Flirtopia: I sat next to a flight attendant on the way back home, & had tremendous fun chatting with her with just one outcome in mind - I wanted her to feel really good! I found myself really enjoying using what I had learned over the weekend, & I could tell that she was getting a LOT of energy out of it - even though I established early in the conversation that we were both married, just to be safe (hanky-panky is a kind of pollution I could live without right now). It was a great conversation that made me feel really connected with a person I wouldn't ordinarily talk to, but the great part happened as we were getting off the plane. She reached in her bag & took out her book of frequent flyer coupons (the kind they give passengers when they want to appease them) she had, & very generously gave them to me - every single one. I was blown away! So I got at least 25,000 frequent flier miles out of my first two hours after the training - & I made this woman very happy in the bargain! What a hoot! I wanted you to know that I really enjoyed the company of the instructors & assistants. They were all tremendous, & really added a lot to the learning. As I left the hotel Sunday evening, I thought to myself that these are the kind of people I really enjoy having in my life. Generous, helpful, skilled & fun-loving are words that come to my mind to describe the members of your team.2000
- Quinton Zondervan, CEO, Excelimmune, Inc., Woburn, MAHired Coaching :I hired Jonathan for weekly 1-on-1 executive coaching, as well as invited him to spend two days with my team of scientists and managers, for a...Quinton ZondervanCEO, Excelimmune, Inc., Woburn, MAHired Coaching :
I hired Jonathan for weekly 1-on-1 executive coaching, as well as invited him to spend two days with my team of scientists and managers, for a customized presentation followed up with individual employee coaching sessions.
Jonathan was tremendously helpful in coaching me through some very difficult situations. We focussed primarily on "emotional state management" which he quickly diagnosed was where I needed the most help. Maintaining the proper emotional equilibrium while going through stressful situations to a large extend comes natural to me. Nonetheless, there was a lot of room for improvement, and Jonathan definitely helped me reach a higher level of performance. Working with Jonathan was an absolute delight because he would quickly assess the situation I would describe to him and give me clear, specific pointers on how to adjust my perceptions and options to create a more positive emotional state regarding the situation. From there we would seamlessly transition to specific training exercises to prepare for future situations. I use many of these techniques now without thinking about them; they've become part of my repertoire and toolset.
Not only was Jonathan able to help me improve my performance, he worked with my entire team to help them improve their internal communication. By appropriately confronting them with the need to take responsibility for the outcome of their individual attempts at communication, he was able to help many of them move towards a greater awareness of their own specific communication needs and approaches and to make adjustments to improve the outcome. One team member told me what an amazing resource he was. I was very pleased with the changes in the team's approach to communicating with each other. While communication is still of course not yet perfect among them, it has improved considerably, and this allowed the team to achieve an amazing result. We set goals for the end of the year that we thought were aggressive. In fact we ended up beating the date by 2 months. No doubt we got lucky of course in terms of not encountering major technical obstacles we could not easily overcome. Nonetheless I credit a significant part of our success to Jonathan's work in enabling better team communication. Just the knowledge that in fact there were specific, attainable ways to make communication better encouraged the team and gave them the confidence to work through tense or difficult situations more smoothly than before.
Jonathan is indeed a tremendous resource for those who want to improve their communications (in the broadest sense of that word). Ultimately all human achievement is based on our proficiency to interact with others in a way that makes it more likely we will achieve a mutually beneficial, mutually desired outcome. Jonathan is able to work with any team or individual motivated enough to seek help in doing better, and helping them improve. What I appreciate the most about Jonathan is that he does not try to create an unnatural dependence. On the contrary, he happily shares his techniques and uses exercises and training to help you internalize them. Like any good coach, he helps you get better and acquire new skills that you can use on your own to achieve amazing results.http://www.excelimmune.com/2011
- David Gould, Bristol Hypnotherapy, Bristol, UKAttended Course : Speaking IngeniouslyOf the 10+ trainers I've trained with and met, (Note, this includes Richard Bandler & John Grinder both) none have been close to his [...David GouldBristol Hypnotherapy, Bristol, UKAttended Course : Speaking Ingeniously
Of the 10+ trainers I've trained with and met, (Note, this includes Richard Bandler & John Grinder both) none have been close to his [Jonathan's] 24/7 devotion to students (especially the 'difficult' ones). For example, 90% of the time he offers bonus lessons over meals and often late into the night. His understanding of NLP is as deep as that of any trainer outside the original Santa Cruz study group. But more importantly, it's his ability to package and deliver that knowledge so that his students use it... that makes him one of the best trainers ever. This incredible ability is what Jonathan aims to teach in the Speaking Ingeniously seminar. I'll let others speak for previous HC events but I can tell you that this time he hit a perfect bulls-eye. And it was a blast! I don't remember having so much fun in an NLP training. This group was a wonderful mix of personalities. I often go into a seminar with different outcomes from the other students and Jonathan allowed us the flexibility so I could focus on what I wanted out of it. I've got more out of this seminar than all but 2 of the other 19 I've done.http://www.deep-trance.com2005
- Zach Poitra, Entrepreneur, Portland, ORAttended Course : “Irresistible Voice”seminarJonathan Altfeld is filling a much needed niche in the NLP community - training and developing the use of voice control. It is very well recognized...Zach PoitraEntrepreneur, Portland, ORAttended Course : “Irresistible Voice”seminar
Jonathan Altfeld is filling a much needed niche in the NLP community - training and developing the use of voice control. It is very well recognized and documented that voice control is a key element when inducing trance, persuasion, and building rapport yet Jonathan is the only trainer that offers workshops on the subject. If your voice has been a source of frustration for you, then I definitely recommend that you purchase his Irresistable Voice CDs and/or attend one of his workshops. All of Jonathan's seminars are well structured, individualized, and pragmatic. It is extremely easy and fun to learn from Jonathan.2008
- P. Winthers, Real Estate Agent, New York, NYAttended Course :All my other NLP learning experiences resulted in a terrific set of techniques & skills that don't necessarily fit together or apply in any...P. WinthersReal Estate Agent, New York, NYAttended Course :
All my other NLP learning experiences resulted in a terrific set of techniques & skills that don't necessarily fit together or apply in any holistic way. While it's great to have those tools & techniques, in spite of training with all the big dogs in NLP, I didn't have a systemic method for organizing the information I acquired about other people's maps, let alone their beliefs, belief systems or values -- until I took Knowledge Engineering. Your K.E. course gave that to me in a way that makes sense and consistently works. Simply Amazing. I've already used this method within 1 week of the workshop to track the invalid logic of one of my customers, and walk them through a better decision strategy. In doing so, she chose to buy a commercial property which netted me over $45,000 commission. In the past, I wouldn't have known what to do! Thanks again!2002
- Marcus Inoue, San Diego, CABought Audio : Finding Your Irresistible VoiceJonathan Altfeld speaks the pleasant truth with his "Finding Your Irresistible Voice" CD set. To my enjoyment, the exercises have...Marcus InoueSan Diego, CABought Audio : Finding Your Irresistible Voice
Jonathan Altfeld speaks the pleasant truth with his "Finding Your Irresistible Voice" CD set. To my enjoyment, the exercises have improved the quality of my voice. I practiced the techniques that I learned from Jonathan on my brother. In the past, it was difficult to keep his attention due to my monotone voice, but recently when I spoke with my brother, I had his complete attention.2003
- Silke Scheidereiter, GermanyAttended Course : Knowledge EngineeringThanks again for a wonderful & mind altering weekend; it was worth every single penny! I'm just after getting back to Germany & my...Silke ScheidereiterGermanyAttended Course : Knowledge Engineering
Thanks again for a wonderful & mind altering weekend; it was worth every single penny! I'm just after getting back to Germany & my brain just can't stop generating new ideas & solutions, identifying patterns, going through the huge pile of new information! I think the drive from the UK to Germany never seemed that short & productive before. I still don't have a clue as to how you managed to get that much data into these few inches of my brain in such a short time! NLP seems to be much more effective & powerful than I ever dared to dream of. You're a brilliant trainer & I'm glad to have had you as my "personal introduction" to NLP & Knowledge Engineering. Thinking back I can still feel the excitement of learning (& I still DO...) & the warm welcome I got from you & the group. Being relatively new to the whole field of NLP that means a LOT...at least to me! Thanks a million & I hope to see you again in the future. Maybe for another training!1998